Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Loving on these Kids...


Looking into this year at Black Forest Academy in Kandern, Germany it was evident that there would be some challenges. Many of the children here come from different backgrounds of learning which causes the teaching aspect of things to be somewhat difficult. Going into this year as the middle school Mathematics teacher I prayed for God to give me the strength and the ability to reach out to these children as it may be harder for them to learn. With an open mind and an open heart I started teaching them mathematics. After a couple of days my fear began to grow that they were not understanding the material, even though they were verbalizing that everything was fine. Today my heart dropped when a student came up to me after class and said the following:  "Miss Taylor, for some reason in the past math has always been my hardest subject. I was always confused and had tons of questions...but this year it is actually fun!" My heart smiled! To think that even one student went from dreading math to loving it definitely was a blessing from God. God is at work here at Black Forest Academy and I'm blessed to be a part of it.
God's great creation outside our apartment window

As I approach my first month's end here in Germany I just want to thank all of you for supporting me in prayer. It has truly been a blessing to work with the children here and it's only been a month! I look forward to the GREAT things that God has in store for me as well as these kids and we get to know one another. Just recently it has been laid heavy on my heart to continue in prayer about next year. Realizing that we are not even into that much of this school year I am prayerfully considering, with your help, serving Him another year here in Germany. With plans to come home this summer and work to raise money, I ask you a huge favor:  please pray with me that the Lord makes it evident if I am supposed to stay here. My heart is here with these children of God and I know, now more than ever, that no matter what I will leave part of it here with them. I have truly been changed as a person even within this past month, so to think how much I could change within this next year excites my heart even more.

God, thank you for this opportunity that you have given me to serve your children here in Germany. I pray that as I am here my fellow brothers and sisters are are home doing the same, excited for your love and a passion in their relationship with you. I cannot thank you enough for this great life you have given me where I get to be close to you and talk about you every day. It is a privilege to serve you in this capacity and I pray that, if it is your will, that you would keep me here for more than this year. Please be with my loved ones at home as I miss them dearly and think about them everyday. I pray that you are keeping them safe during these times of trial and that they are seeking you more than ever. Please let them know the love that I have for them and that they will always hold a special place in my heart, just as these children in Germany. Lord, I love you with my heart and my soul, and I long to worship you.

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 
~ Matthew 22:37

No comments:

Post a Comment