Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Full Week Ahead...

          Just yesterday I had the privilege of getting together with the Parsons (the director of my organization -- CMML; www.cmml.us). It was great to see familiar faces and be able to share some of my journey so far with them. While we were together we travelled to one of the higher mountains here near Kandern called "Hochblauen." "Hoch" meaning "high" and "blau" meaning "blue." While approaching the top we entered into a fog and it was hard to see exactly where we were going; however, we made it to the top. Even though we were unable to see what was below, it did not take away from the experience. Shortly after traveling down the mountain, and I could not help but think about how often as humans we are high like the "Hochblauen." It is easy for us to forget about His plans for us and continue with our own. I am so blessed to have a God that can continually use my surroundings in order to teach me. It is at that point when we are free of the fog that it is clear, and we are able to see what is in store for us below. God works like this. It is not until we surrender to Him and come down off our mountain that we can truly see what great things He has awaiting us.

As I approach the first full week of teaching these teens I cannot help but pray for those who are here for the first time and may not have a lot of friends. I have already noticed in a couple of my classes that this year might serve as somewhat of a challenge due to the wide range of how and what people have previously learned. I pray that God is able to give me the strength and courage to use different methods and think outside the box when it comes to teaching them the material.

As I prepare my lesson plans and think about teaching these teens, I've had the blessing and pleasure of staying in contact with numerous friends and family members, as well as connecting with my roommates. I find myself really appreciative of the contact that I do still have with the states and pray for them often. Even though at times I get antsy to come home and share all of the great things that are happening here at BFA, I know that the time will come when it's meant to. I think the scariest realization I've had so far is that I could honestly see myself here for quite some time, if the Lord allows me. Thank you for your continual prayer and support as I reach out to those here at Black Forest Academy. Especially those on the East Coast, be safe during these times of harsh weather and know that I am praying for you.

"And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted." ~ Isaiah 49:11

No comments:

Post a Comment