Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Almost Two Weeks in the Making...




My desk in the teacher's lounge.
It seems hard to believe that I haven't even been here two weeks yet. So much has happened already that it seems hard to believe that there is so much more to come. Thinking back over this past week and a half I am extremely grateful to have met the people that I have along with accomplishing the work that has needed to get done. I am happy and excited to say that tomorrow, Monday, I get to meet some of my students! It will be a joyful mixture of new students that are checking out the school for the first time, and prior students that are interested in seeing their teachers and classrooms before the first day of school starts on Tuesday (THIS Tuesday!).


It is such a blessing to think back on all of the preparations that have gone into making this school year a great one for the kids. After moving buildings, preparing classrooms, getting a new principal, and orienting the new and prior staff members, it finally feels like the school year is ready to be put into action! Granted there are last minute details here and there, but I am definitely excited to meet those that make all of this work worth it -- the children. What an exciting calling to hang out with children all day long! I'm excited that God has taken my passion and desire to serve Him along with my talents to bring me here to Black Forest Academy!


My room:  the computer lab (without computers) :-)


Praise the Lord for helping me to finish my lesson plans, classroom set-up, and syllabi in time for the students to arrive. As always there are still items on my "to do list" that I need to complete in order to check off, but God continues to be my pillar of strength during these times of trial and error. I cannot express my love for Him enough, knowing that He is with me every step of the way. I am continually grateful to Him throughout my day as He proves to me more and more how He knows me better than I know myself. For instance, He provided to me two roommates who absolutely love Him and, well, now me. :-) They continue to be an encouragement to me as I walk forward into the unknown.

Over the past week and a half my roommates and I have been able to bond over many different things such as movies, relationships, class schedules, but most of all food. I've discovered that there is always time to sit down over a nice meal and catch-up on how our day has been, connecting more and more with one another and Him each time. For the most part Brittany and Heather have been showering me with good food that they have prepared for me, so I was overjoyed the other day when it was my turn to finally cook them something. Below you will find pictures of just SOME of the amazing meals they have presented me with over my time here with them in Germany, and I am happy to say that more are still to come.






 
       

There was one night in particular this week that stands out in my mind. Heather, Brittany, and I had a long day at school and knew that by the time we got home we would need some "down time" just relaxing and being, well, ourselves. After dinner Brittany walked up to the dining room table and proceeded to say, "Guys, I have an idea." Waiting in anticipation I was not sure what to do or say. It was at that moment that Brittany uttered the words, "We should have a campfire." And we did. That night outside on the roof of our apartment garage we proceeded to burn wood, talk, and make smores. It may have been one of the best nights I've had here so far. 

Our campfire :-)


Needless to say my time here so far in Germany has been nothing shy of an adventure. Specifically this past week I have so much to praise Him for. Between baking cookies for our staff lunch, team building activities such as weeding our playground, having various appointments, working on lesson plans, having an all staff BBQ, and meeting with the Athletic Director about my co-coaching Cross Country this fall there is soooooo much to praise Him for! As I look through my calendar of events and opportunities I cannot help but fight this feeling that this year serving Him is going to fly by in the blink of an eye. With that being said I continue to pray for strength in each and every new day, with fresh eyes to see Him more clearly than ever. Continue to pray with me that I am able to seize opportunities to speak His name and share His love with those around me. 
Thank you for your continual support as I pray for us all!



 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
~ Isaiah 40:29-31









3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are here, Megan! Looking forward to our year together! (at home AND school!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    Good luck at your first week of school during your first year of teaching! I will hold you in my prayers tomorrow/Tuesday. Our first day back was Thursday and though teaching college students is very different from middle schoolers (since I, like you, have also taught MS), it was still so rewarding seeing the potential and possibilty this upcoming year holds. Seek first God and everything else will happen smoothly. :)Viel gluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog Megan. Very deep and full of lots of reflection. <3 May the Lord bless you as your school year starts. We continue to pray for you. Blessings. <3

    ReplyDelete