Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Next Year...

I will apologize ahead of time for how short and to the point this particular blog post will be, but I also wanted to update you on the next chapter of my life. :-)

After much prayer, contemplation, and a push from God I have decided to stay at Black Forest Academy this upcoming year, 2013-2014. After some long talks with God it is evident that He wants me here at BFA. However, this upcoming year I will no longer be here as a MS Math teacher, but rather as a Resident Assistant in one of the nine dorms here at BFA. With this link you can see the various dorms here:  http://bfacademy.com/boarding/the-dorms/

It is as I told close friends of mine from back in the United States:

"God has truly brought me to this position...and I could not be more at peace about it.
I would appreciate your love and support in this decision. It was not an easy one to make due to missing so many people from back home, but please know that I KNOW this is what the Lord has for me right now. Join with me as I lean on this passage for continual wisdom from Him: James 1:2-8. He has great plans for me, and the journey is nothing ever short of crazy. "

See the following below for the specific duties of what my role will entail this upcoming year:  

Purpose: To help BFA fulfill its mission/vision by overseeing the boarding students, the facilities and the dorm staff in a particular BFA residence.

Reporting Relationships: Dorm Parents and Res. Life Supervisor
 
Responsibilities:
  1. Seek by personal example and precept to inspire students and staff in Christian faith and living.
  2. Develop positive, loving care such as would be found in a Christ-centered home.
  3. Provide appropriate moral, social, spiritual and physical training in cooperation with the dorm parents
  4. Facilitate good communications with students and staff. Remain available while on duty.
  5. Promote good study habits and provide a quiet study environment.
  6. Exercise flexibility and understanding in the care of individual students within the context of the group living environment.
  7. Consistently administer established dormitory rules, and routines, e.g. bed time free time, etc.
  8. Teach and encourage students to develop healthy lifestyle, e.g. hygiene and adequate sleep, etc.
  9. Assist students in time of sickness and injuries.
  10. Promote good work ethic regarding the residence gratis’ (chores).
  11. Encourage dorm students to communicate with their parents.
  12. Facilitate good communications with the dorm parents by keeping them informed of student difficulties as you become aware.
  13. Assist dorm staff with the daily dorm duties, e.g. laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, etc.
  14. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Residence Life.
  15. To meet regularly with the residence supervisor for encouragement, instruction and accountability.

Thank you, again, for ALL of your support and prayer as I continue on the path that God has pre-planned for me...I cannot wait to see what more He has in store for me! :-)


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;  he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." 
~James 1: 2-8~

The AMAZING Middle School staff that I will miss, OH, so dearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment