Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thankful for these Moments

Relationship Panel that I was asked to talk on

These past couple of days have been a great reminder to me of how thankful I am to be in such a great place where not only God cares for my needs, but so do those around me.

After our third quarter (out of four) coming to an end in school it is quite easy for life to get stressful with grading, tests, projects, etc. However, God is here with me and continues to give me strength through various love languages of mine.
Panel in front of about six bible small groups (all girls)




A couple days ago a couple of my seventh grade girls asked me to run with them this past Friday, and it is my pleasure to say that I did. :-) These students are such a joy in my life that I can hardly think of life without them. Running with them through the countryside while the sun was shining down on us, being able to relationally connect with them was nothing short of amazing. It took me back to my counselor days in the summer and reminded me how much I truly and honestly enjoy connecting with others, hearing their stories, and being able to just purely spend time with God's children.


White chocolate Fudge

Dark chocolate fudge
After having a work-out session with my girls I was able to help out with a bake sale that the seventh graders put on this past Friday night to raise money for Africa. Thursday night I joyfully spent three and a half hours in the kitchen (and I am not being sarcastic when I say that) in order to bake cupcakes and make some fudge. I feel bad because my roommates had to endure all of this, but they got the benefit of being my official taste-testers. :-) Needless to say, it was GREAT being able to help out by using my love for baking in order to help the seventh graders in their mission to raise money for a fabulous cause. In the end they ended up making a little over 500 dollars! Way to go seventh grade! :-)

Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes
People selecting their bakery items :-)


As always, it is an honor to be serving our Lord in this specific way, and He continues to show me His love and grace by constantly being by my side through the thickness and thin of life. Lord how I love you with all my heart each and every day.



Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.
~ Micah 6 ~















No comments:

Post a Comment