Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting Closer to the Date...

As the date for Germany keeps creeping closer and closer I'm starting to realize how real things are. Working at Sandy Cove Ministries (www.sandycove.org) as a Camp Coordinator has been taking up most of my time, but the thought and fears of leaving for Germany in about a month still weigh down my thoughts.

Yesterday I had somewhat of a scare and I am able to sit here with you today and thank our Lord for keeping me safe, once again. While heading home from Sandy Cove in Maryland yesterday I was involved in a car accident that left me emotionally seeking answers. Luckily I walked away completely fine physically except for some minor aches, but it left me with some huge questions. Why has God allowed this to happen? Why am I, someone so insignificant, able to walk away with no bumps and bruises? After being completely thankful that I was unharmed, I was able to answer some of my own questions.

After realizing the calling that I have accepted for my life to serve our Lord each and everyday it was not long before I figured out a reason for all my misfortune:  I am serving the Lord. Due to my passion and desire to be with Him and serving Him no matter where I am it was only a matter of time before the Devil started to work his magic in order to stop that process. Thankfully our God is greater than the Devil could ever be and He continues to keep me safe as I live my life for Him. As I look back on moments like these where my faith is challenged it definitely helps me to keep things in perspective as I head forth of my journey.

As my departure date approaches I have been preparing as much as I can through prayer and talking with close friends, relatives, and my church family. I was able to have the privilege of meeting my two roommates whom I will have in Germany:  Heather and Brittany. They are super sweet and nice! I could not have asked for better roommates while heading to a foreign land! Other than that I have been building lists both on paper and my head of the tasks that I still need to complete before officially flying over to Germany in mid-August.

Unfortunately I have yet to have an account with my name on it at the organization I am going with:  Christian Missions in Many Lands (CMML; www.cmml.us); however, once I am officially connected with them I will post it here on my Blog. I have, on the other hand, attached a "Fundraising Thermometer" on my Blog so that process of my journey can be seen.

Today I am able to share in the joy and excitement of my upcoming embarkment while friends and family begin to gather at my house for a little "Going Away Party." It will be nice to have all my loved ones in the same place so that I am able to see them once more before leaving. All that being said I just want to continually thank all of you for supporting me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue my journey of serving Him both at Sandy Cove Ministries (North East, MD) and then at Black Forest Academy (Kandern, Germany).

In Him,
Megan

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." ~Matthew 28:19-20~

No comments:

Post a Comment